Friday, September 25, 2009

Gardens of Monet

So when I was in high school oh-so-long ago (ha ha) we sang a song in my choir class about the Gardens of Monet. My very bestest friend/cousin and I made up an interpretive dance to this song to perform at the concert. However, for some strange reason which I still don't know, my choir teacher didn't want us to perform it! (Love you Joanie)

However, I had a little reenactment in the Gardens of Monet today:







(Um, why am I posting this??? This is kind of embarrassing.)

Anyway, moving right along...the gardens were absolutely beautiful and the house was just so quaint and sweet. Pictures weren't allowed in the house, but here are a few glimpses of the beautiful gardens that Monet painted.

Here is the street leading up to the house...isn't it so picturesque?





















and the gardens...






































































The Pont Japonais (Japanese Bridge)


The beautiful waterlilies Monet painted...

















And my own little impressionistic rendering of the water lilies in photograph...






















It was so nice to be in a beautiful place surrounded by beautiful things, away from the city...Giverny, Je t'aime.

2 comments:

Kris said...

so so so jealous.

theriddle said...

Looking back I don't know WHAT i was thinking. Why didn't I let you do the interpretative dance? I hope I didn't scar you for life by stifling your creativity.

Serendipity

The Oxford English dictionary describes serendipity as "the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident. Also, the fact or an instance of such a discovery."