Saturday, December 12, 2009

Return

So I'm home...and I'm wondering, where did the time go?

As I sat in the Chicago airport during my layover it began to hit me that I was back in America...the lack of sleep from the time change, the information overload of being able to understand every person around me, the food-chomping Americans, the multi-colored clothes and the sweatpants, the news in an understandable language...

And then I was home.

It's kind of overwhelming and I'm struggling with knowing what direction to go in my life, and lots of other things...

and I just don't know if I'm ready to face my life again. I mean, it's wonderful, but still, it's...life.

I guess God just has certain ways he wants me to grow, but goodness it hurts sometimes.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

WELCOME HOME, cute girl.
You'll figure it all out.

Promise.

xoxo

Kris said...

PLEASE call me. I can not wait to hear about it all.

theriddle said...

Welcome home. You are experiencing culture shock. Call me too. Can we go to lunch next Monday the 21st?

Joyous said...

I can't believe you're home already. That was fast. Good luck with all the adjustments. And thank you for my wonderful, wonderful, precious card. I'm excited to talk to you about it whenever we get a chance.

Serendipity

The Oxford English dictionary describes serendipity as "the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident. Also, the fact or an instance of such a discovery."