Sunday, February 21, 2010

Why Life is So Good

Update.
So...living at home and commuting to PROVO and SALT LAKE every week. Every other day I head a different direction.
That's just plain ridiculous.
But it's working.

I'm grateful for public transportation.
It makes it possible for me to get to Provo and Salt Lake when I don't have a car.
Don't get me wrong, I hate public transportation. But I'm grateful for it.

I'm grateful that I get the chance to ride with the crazies, the stinkies, the smokers, and the trash talkers. Why?
Because it keeps me real. It reminds me that there is a world outside my own.

School is so time consuming. I underestimated this semester with all its philosophy, ancient history, literary theory, and business concepts. But you know what? It's all going to work out. I might get my worst GPA ever, but it is going to work out.
I'm grateful I have the chance to go to school. There's a lot of people who can't.

I'm grateful for a job. There's a lot of people who don't have one right now. I'm grateful it is flexible. I'm grateful I am a saver and not a spender. I'm grateful that in the next month, I will be finished saving for a mission.

I'm grateful that when I decided to take a laid back approach to church God said, "nope, that's not for you right now" and gave me a calling that required me to get to know lots of people, to serve, and to love.
I'm so blessed by my calling. When we serve God, His rewards are so much more than we deserve. What we give is so small compared to what he gives us in return.

I'm definitely struggling with some things right now.
But there are so many blessings.

So the golden question...Is Angela going on a mission?
Hmmm, well, there's not really a set answer for that right now.

Life is good though.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

i'm SO proud of you and can't wait to hear what's next for you.

SO proud of you.

Heidi said...

Angela,

You are one of the MOST amazing people I know. Good luck with all the crazy stuff!!! I think you're amazing!

Serendipity

The Oxford English dictionary describes serendipity as "the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident. Also, the fact or an instance of such a discovery."