Sunday, January 4, 2009

Oh Yes You Can

I just can't do it, I said.

I can't start another semester.
I can't go through another semester like the last one.
I can't make it through the classes and the work.
I can't make it through the stress and the anxiety.
I can't make it through any more disappointment.
I can't make it through any more dating and not dating.
I can't make it through the heartache.
I can't make it through the hours and the days and the weeks.
I can't make it through loneliness and challenges.
I can't keep having hope and faith and courage.
And on top of it, I really can't survive the cold and the dark days.

I just can't.

And then I heard God say, Oh yes you can.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That makes two of us who believe you can. Good luck!

Laurel said...

and baby makes three.
me too! me too!

YOU CAN.

(sorry we didn't hook up for lunch...let's try that again. i'll come to YOU this time!)

Serendipity

The Oxford English dictionary describes serendipity as "the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident. Also, the fact or an instance of such a discovery."