Wednesday, July 9, 2008

In Every Block of Marble

Wow. Wow. WOW.

As soon as I start to think I have my plans figured out, life changes. Drastically.
One thing I know for sure is that God always has so much better plans for my life than I do.
And he definitely sends me blessings and trials to shape me into everything he needs me to be.

Michelangelo stated, "In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to other eyes as mine see it."

I like to think that God sees that in each of us--despite our rough walls.

2 comments:

lydiaruth said...

I like the simile/comparison. I think that is how he sees us. I just wish I could see the finished product too.

Laurel said...

you know what's great? When other people see the finished product God intends us to be before we see it...for the record, I see your finished product.

You're wise beyond your years, my friend.

Serendipity

The Oxford English dictionary describes serendipity as "the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident. Also, the fact or an instance of such a discovery."