Saturday, August 30, 2008

10K and 100 miles

I just finished up my 100 mile summer with a 10k. It feels good.

I had two thoughts when I was finished: 1) Wow, that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and 2) Wow, I don't know if I could ever run a marathon.

But then I heard in my head, "That was good, but you are capable of so much more."

What?! I just ran over 6 miles and I'm not even allowed to feel like that was an accomplishment?

Well, if it is just a stepping stone and not the grand culmination of my summer like I thought it would be, than I guess I have a lot to look forward to!

2 comments:

theriddle said...

You can totally run a marathon. I'm doing the salt lake marathon this spring. You should do it with me.

Joyous said...

Go, Angela! Are the shin splints from last spring not bothering you, then?

And the idea of running a marathon pretty much overwhelms my mind, but I have no doubt you could do it if you really wanted to.

Serendipity

The Oxford English dictionary describes serendipity as "the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident. Also, the fact or an instance of such a discovery."