Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Rose Garden

There are few places that retain their childhood magic as we get older.

And yet, there are a few that retain their mysteriousness and beauty even as we change.
My grandmother's rose garden is one of those places.

Perhaps it is because it never really changes, it only becomes more beautiful.
Perhaps it is because my grandmother nourishes not just by water and fertilizer, but also by love.
Perhaps it is because when I take a second glance into the garden I can see a little girl walking gently through the sweetheart roses, and I recognize that it is me.

My Grandmother's Roses:










1 comment:

lydiaruth said...

I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same way about my grandparents house and garden.

Serendipity

The Oxford English dictionary describes serendipity as "the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident. Also, the fact or an instance of such a discovery."