Monday, August 11, 2008

My New Friend

I've made a new friend.
His name is Robert.

He calls me every day at work.
Several times a day, actually.

I always answer for him and try to help him, because I think he's really frustrated with his situation in life.

I do what I can.
He always tells me I'm doing a good job at my work and he says I have a pleasant voice.

But there's a little problem.

Robert is in jail.
And he doesn't want to talk to me at all.
He really just wants his attorney.
But for some reason, he just has a hard time getting that attorney's attention.

So I get to talk to him.

From what I can pick up, jail is not such a great place to be.
No one can call you.
You can't get out.
And I get the feeling there's not much to do if you have the time to call an office ten times in one afternoon.

So, Robert? Once you get out, I wouldn't suggest staying there again.

1 comment:

theriddle said...

This makes me a little nervous.

Serendipity

The Oxford English dictionary describes serendipity as "the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident. Also, the fact or an instance of such a discovery."