Saturday, April 17, 2010

Just Like Heaven

One of my favorite movies is "Just Like Heaven." Sweet, tragic, a little creepy, funny, and absolutely strange.

I think the reason why I love it so much is I can really relate to Elizabeth. She lives her whole life...working. That's what I do. I have come to accept the fact that I really am quite a boring person. But maybe I'll be boring and beautiful like Elizabeth. That would definitely make it better ;O)

That's pretty much where the comparison ends -- I don't plan to end up in a coma, or become a ghost in my own apartment, or fall in love with someone who can't feel me because I'm mostly dead.

But my heart just melts at the end, when David creates the garden for her on her apartment roof. The best thing a guy could ever do for a girl is to make her dreams come true. That's just what David does. He takes what he has in him to make her dream come true. What could me more beautiful than that?

That would be heaven.

Watch. It's absolutely sappy and ridiculous but I LOVE it.


And...good old Napoleon at the end. Righteous :O)

No comments:

Serendipity

The Oxford English dictionary describes serendipity as "the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident. Also, the fact or an instance of such a discovery."