Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Life as a Whirlwind

Remember when I used to have time to blog? Yeah, I can't really either.

Conference just flew by. I was blessed to be able to go to two sessions and sit right up front. By right up front, I mean that I was sitting behind the wives of the seventies. Awesome, right?!

I think I forgot to mention that I received a mission call to this country:



So crazy right?! I was expecting FRENCH speaking. Or someplace in Africa. Or even Asia. So South America took me COMPLETELY off guard.

But it's so right.
Not because it makes sense to me (because it doesn't), but because I went to the temple and all my doubts and fears left. and I had peace.

Because
This is the right thing.
As much as
the adversary tells me it's not.

I definitely have felt opposition since I got my call a few weeks ago (has it been a month? I can't keep track of time anymore)

I can't help feeling gratitude though as I listened to Conference these last two days.
Gratitude for my wonderful family, for parents who taught me truth.
For opportunities, work, an education, the opportunity to serve, so many things.

But most of all, for the Savior.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

i still can't stand how excited i am for you with this call.

YOU WILL BE INCREDIBLE, angela. i am OH SO HAPPY for you.

Serendipity

The Oxford English dictionary describes serendipity as "the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident. Also, the fact or an instance of such a discovery."